Friday, March 2, 2012

Melted Crayons

Since I have this overwhelming addiction to Pinterest, I have made an effort to actually do all the crafts I have been pinning. Some turn out good, some are a bust, I think this project was fun, but I would love to do it again and perfect it.

We did a melted crayon art project, super easy!

For this project I had a little helper, I swear he wanted to be there, he just hates his picture being taken :)

First we organized the crayons, Dennis picked the colors, he wanted dark blues and purples, but if you were to group more colors next to each other it would have worked a little better


Hot glue each crayon to the top of the canvas, the easiest way to do this is to glue the canvas then put all the crayons on it, but we had to learn that :)


Thanks hunny :)


Dennis is a perfectionist, he wanted to make sure all my crayons were lined up correctly


After all are glued, turn a hair dryer on high and hot and start melting


Again, we learned some lessons, you only want to heat the top of the crayon, the lower you go the more you will spread the existing melted crayons and merge the colors together

Get the hair dryer nice and close to the crayon top and just melt, you ca also move the canvas around to get the desired drip


It looks like a mess and it sort of is, but I know the next one we will do a little better :)

I'm almost embarrassed to show you the pin that I got the idea from! But here you go:
Its perfectly melted, perfectly straight and all that! A. she used lots of the same colors in a row (good idea), B. she melted from the top, C. she did this before. D. she is just way better at it then us!

But we had a good time doing it together and will do another, why not we have extra canvas' and lots of crayons left! (and next time I will control the hair dryer, Dennis didn't let me hold it once!)

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this somewhere before and I love it. Your's looks pretty good. Fun that you guys did it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it off of pinterest (of course!), it was a fun project together, but we want to do it again, and better :)

      Delete