Monday, February 27, 2012

Miracles and Blessings

This miracle comes not from me, nor anyone I know, although through chance I feel like we are connected.
My parents finally purchased their "dream home". They have been in search of a one level home that can hold them, my grandma, my sister, entertain their many guests and all my mom's hobbies. They found that, and more! This weekend was the large painting party, we attempted to paint 7 rooms, and got really really close to actually making that goal, the last room was only primed, but close to being completed.
This was my first time seeing the house, my mom had told me all about it, and I had seen pictures, which due the house absolutely no justice. This is a large abode! It screams elegance with its enormous entry way, expansive living spaces, endless french doors, beautiful built ins and you have to see it master bathroom. If I wasn't high by the painting fumes I would have thought about taking pictures.
Here are the ones that were on the listing, I'm telling you they don't do it justice!

I know this looks super 80's and in fact it is, but it is pretty darn cool, double head step in shower!!!!


Okay so on to the miracle.... when my mom was telling me about the house she talked about the writings on the wall (actual writings on the wall). I didn't fully get it til I walked in. Almost every room has words of affirmation and bible verses on the wall. One of the back bedrooms was a bright yellow color with a large prayer in the middle that said: "and by his stripes Mason is healed" Isaiah 53; 5 (by stripes it is referring to Jesus' wounds).

I know it is far away, but can you see the words?
All through out the house you see these, in the hall bathroom it says, "What can I do for someone today?"
On the fridge has Mason's medicine schedule, 2 injections for blood clots, 4 rounds of heart medicine and 2 rounds of a barbiturate. (listed were the drug names, and times for them, I googled to find out what they were for, but don't remember the drug names now).

You can barely see it, but see the white writing on the fridge?
This is what continued my curiosity, actually my freaked out feelings. I started to worry that the little boy with is name all over these walls, passed away, possibly in this house?
So this morning I wanted to do a little investigation. It is a little too easy to find out the owner of a house, just a quick public records online search and then to Google I go. I googled the little boys name and up came his mom's blog (named after him). I was happy to find out right away that the little boy is still alive, but then I decided to read his story. Mom and dad started their blog the day they found out about Mason's health problems. She was 6 months pregnant when they found out their unborn son had Congenital Heart Defect, the left side of his heart didn't work. They were told that he may not make it to term and die before birth, this is where the miracle begins.
By the first blog post I felt intrigued and connected to this family, even though they may never know who I am, just by their posts they have changed me.
Their first post was explaining the news they JUST received, this touched me:  Things like this would not happen if those that bare the burden could not handle it. Our marriage is strong and grows stronger though times like these. Our Father has blessed us plenty in our life and we believe there are many more blessings to come, including many blessings that come out of times like this.As I continued to read about his diagnoses and their struggles, I couldn't help but be sucked in as if it was a movie unfolding before me, but it was so real, so real to this family and that made my heart ache for them. As I'm planning for my wedding they gave birth to a 9+ baby boy that they couldn't hold, at 11 days old he had his first of 3 (so far) open heart surgeries, they tell of how the doctors kept his chest cavity open for days to heal and how you could actually see his heart beat, the father was able to touch his own baby boys heart!
At 8 months old he had to return for his 2nd surgery, then again at 3 years he had his last. How their little miracle walked for the first time, how he talked up a storm, which after his 2 strokes and many seizures the doctors were afraid might not be possible. How a little boy only half a heart survived so much. He went against the odds, their was another family they became friends with, their little boy had the same heart defect, but after his surgery he didn't survive.
What they had the whole time was faith, a deep faith that they knew God had control of their lives, that he knew what he was doing, that no matter what happened they knew God had his hand on it. They treasured every day, cried every tear, and grew with every smile their son made.
It was a beautiful story that I never should have been a part of, but I'm grateful that I was able to read it, and feel like I shared a part of it, she had pictures of the little boy smiling in front the fireplace that my parents now own. The chills I got when I walked in to the house I originally thought where his ghost, I know know are his spirit, they are filling the home with hope.
If you want to read Mason's story or read their blog,  there it is!
They don't talk about why they left his house, or where they are now, but all I know is I think God laid out their path, and I have this gut feeling that I was meant to read that story.
In one of her entries she writes: If you are reading this entry – I don’t believe it is by accident. I believe that I wrote this today for a reason… Maybe it was in the sole purpose to touch your life?
Chills hit my spine and that spoke to me.
So now to fill this story and change my life, I will be intentional as she wrote:
I know that each day that the Lord gives me this year is a gift. I know that I don’t want this year to “just happen”. I know that I don’t want to waste precious / delicate days. I know that I want to be intentional.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment