Friday, February 3, 2012

Training

I have been serving on the Data Team at Eastlake Community Church for almost 3 years now. I love, love it. We are the behind the scenes team that sorts, scans and enters the blue Connection Cards after every service, we also enter membership applications, 201s, growth group attendees, growth group leaders, and any special events. Last year when we expanded to 2 new campuses, I was able to be "promoted" to scheduler, along with my other duties. Basically when someone was to join our team, I get assigned to schedule them for training. Which sounds super easy, even as I write this I'm like wow that sounds easy!
But it is a little complicated, and sometimes you get a ton all at the same time. But I still really enjoy it. More recently I have been able to add to my list of responsibilities. So for the last 2 training sessions I have been trainer in training :) The amazing and fantastic, she can do anything, Becca is in charge of the training and does so much, way too much for the Data Team. She has been my leader and the top trainer. I will be the 3rd trainer now, frees up the other ladies since training is every Thursday and we are all volunteer.
Last night was my first training session all on my own! I was a little nervous, I kept reading my notes and when I rushed out the door, I forgot them!!!! Ahhh how can I train with none of my notes? I get to the room at church and open our Data Team cabinet and what do I find?

I loved my motivational note from Becca. She is such an amazing person, always knows what to say, when to say it, and is so faithful, she tells me all the time she is praying for me, and when things are really bad and she doesn't even know it, she asks me about it.
Anyways, along with this little pick me up post it, is all the training materials, notes, even the key to our fill ins (yes true Eastlake style!).
I was fully prepared to rock it! As soon as my ladies showed (I only had to train two last night) I started feeling very comfortable, and Becca showed up to support me and do Data work in the corner of the office (she said she wasn't listening but I hope she was :) )
The only thing that was a little nerve wracking? One of my trainees was a wife of one of our Pastors! I knew that before, but I will admit I was a little intimidated! She was so sweet, very pretty and very encouraging.
Afterwards I felt great, I hope I did a good job, but I know that I love it, I love helping others and am very passionate about the Data Team.
At first I was wondering what I got myself in to, I hate training at work, I have no patience for it. I get way out of my comfort zone when I have new employees, it isn't cause I don't know what I'm doing, unfortunately I know the collision business inside and out, I can do and know most positions with in my office, but I don't have a passion for it. Knowledge doesn't equal happiness. I know this. I love what I do (I work with numbers and solving problems all day!) but at the end of the day it is just my job.
That is why I'm so happy that I have the Data Team to put my passion in to and Scentsy Wickless Candles that I can thrive in. Scentsy has been doing amazing for me, I have 9 team members, great customers and super fun hostesses. I can already tell that this year is challenging my comfort zone and God is leading me to my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment