Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SuperBowl

I'm not a huge sports fan, I can bare to watch some, could care less about the ranks and players, but I do enjoy football. I enjoy watching it, only been to one game, but it is so far the only sport that I will actually watch on TV. I don't really know that much about it, but it is still fun never the less.
I'm normally following the Seahawks, I wouldn't say I'm a bandwagon girl, only because I watch them no matter if they are winning or losing, but of course I get way more excited and into it when they are winning.
Well this past season they didn't do too good, I couldn't tell exactly how bad they did, again I don't keep score! Not a surprise we didn't make it to the Superbowl. But of course we all still watch it anyways. Great excuse for a party!
This year we headed over to Hollie and Marty's which is always a treat, Burton loves playing with is puppy parents, we enjoy their friends and family, and I love their company. Today is Hollie's due date, so on Sunday she was ready, belly was hard, baby can barely move and mommy is tired. It was amazing to just hold her belly, you can every once in a while feel his little heel push out and when you push back he sucks it back in. I can't wait to meet him.

Had to capture a picture of the ready to pop momma :)
The other reason I love football? Well, I guess any party in general! I like to bring food!!! Both the dishes I brought I have tried before, but this time was the best!!!!

Taco Ring
The Taco Ring is probably one of the easiest, but filling recipes I can make. My mom makes this for most of her parties, so you know it is good! Here is the recipe:


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbs water
2 8-oz packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 medium green bell pepper
1 c. salsa
3 c. lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, diced
¼ c. onion, chopped
½ c. pitted ripe olives
sour cream

Directions:
–Preheat oven to 375°. Brown the ground beef, then drain. Add taco seasoning and water and simmer
–Unroll the crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a pizza pan (I used a stone one, works great!) with the wide ends toward the center of the pan, overlapping each other. It will look like a large sun with the points hanging half off the pan. There should be a 5 or 6 inch opening in the center.
–Spoon the meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle cover with cheese. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough. (Filling will not be completely covered).
–Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
–Shred lettuce, dice tomato, onions, olives, green pepper, and whatever other items you want to put inside. Place them in center of the taco ring and use that as your toppings!

Of course you can see I didn't put all the pretty toppings in the middle otherwise Dennis wouldn't have eaten it. I put all the stuff on the side, and it went just as fast!


Ham sammies
2 packs of Hawiian rolls
1.5 lbs of ham
1.5 lbs of Swiss cheese

Put it all together
(I usually fold one piece of ham and cut the cheese into 4's and put 1 on bottom and 2 on top of ham)
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins

For the sauce
3 sticks butter (melted)
4 Tbls brown sugar
2 Tbls yellow mustard
2 Tbls poppy seed
2 Tbls Worcestershire

Stir together, melt again if needed
pour sauce over the sandwiches
bake for another 5 mins

I got a ton of compliments on this recipe, I got this one from my friend Natausha, I found some other versions online, but they had mayo and onions, no thanks, why mess up perfection!!

I can't wait for the next party/event so that I can bring more goodies!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Those ham sammies look so good! I'll have to try them out very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so good! I had left overs for lunch today!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete