Thursday, February 2, 2012

Active

I never thought I would be the one complaining about getting older and not being fit. But I feel like one day I woke up and was like "When did I stop trying?" That must have been the day my muffin top appeared and my skin started sagging in places I didn't think could sag!
Back when I used to do promos and "modeling" I was in shape, fit and feeling good, but the one thing that I didn't like was, when I was out running, at the gym, or doing hot yoga, I may have been with friends, but I was not spending time with my husband. I decided I would rather be with him and connect than think me being fit was more important than our relationship.
So in turn I now find myself sitting on my growing ass watching way too much t.v., eating all the horrible things he can get away with and not feeling too good about myself, but I'm with my hubby :)
After much trying to get him to motivate us (in his defense, my job maybe mentally exhausting, but his has been physically trying, so he hasn't needed to work out), he finally decided to feel better together!!!
We decided that when I get home from work the T.V. is off, if he wants to watch it all day that is fine. We need another hobby then right?
Last night we headed to walmart and after destroying their bike department, I can't believe not one employee came to yell at us, as we proceeded to take every single bike down from the racks and ride their flat tires around. We actually had a blast trying, testing and playing with the bikes. Every bike I loved I couldn't touch the floor on. Dennis even said to me, after this I finally realize how short you are! hahah thanks honey!
I really wanted the classic Schwinn look, the long sleek body, with the large tires and raised handle bars. Sort of like this:
Every style that I just loved didn't come with gears, which Dennis insisted I needed. (and after attempting to climb a hill I'm thankful for!) So after some frustration I finally found the bike I wanted. Dennis was easy, he tried three and was good to go!
So we drove home (we had to take the cars home!), tested Burton out on a short ride around the complex to see if could even follow along side us. He didn't do too bad, but he needs more practice.
Once I got home though I realized that Walmart forgot to give me my bike bell (had to have one of those!) and our bike lock. So we hopped on our bikes and rode to Walmart, than to Taco Bell (You may think we are defeating the purpose, but we would have went there anyways, atleast now we worked for it!)
Once we got home (after burning thighs and realizing that I need more work on getting up hills) we remembered we had no where to store these pretty new bikes.
This is where they ended up:
Yup that is the dining room again! On the right is all my Scentsy boxes (I have lots of stock and business supplies), on the left is my craft table aka the dining room table! I guess it works for now.
Can't wait to see where these bikes will take us, and hopefully we can motivate each other to not let them collect dust.
As we were riding along, Dennis yelled out, this is better than watching T.V.! Wahoo!!!! Can't wait to be active together and feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment