Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All you need is the right tools

Dennis came home after my craft day to find me exhausted and barely any projects finished. After I whined that we don't have enough room for my sewing machine, he told me I could take over the dining room table now (Scentsy already overflows in the dining room, but I try and leave the table empty.. not anymore!). He is such a good husband :)
Sunday after a fun day with my dad planning an up coming road trip (more on that next time!), and a fierce game of dominoes, we stopped by my mom to grab her extra sewing machine. Luckily for me, my mom always wants the newest and best machines (she has 4+ sewing/embroidery machines). I was able to snag the last one she wasn't using.
Even better? Oh ya, since mom works at JoAnn fabrics she is always buying stuff on sale and never really having a need for it, until her baby girl comes and raids her stuff. I was able to snag up an awesome pink rotary cutter! Check out my new tools:
This bad boy can even do embroidery! I can't wait to get the attachments (once they are found).

I also stopped by mom's work yesterday and picked up the rest of the felt I needed to finish my scarf. Here the glorious finished project!

I was really hard to take a picture of it, I hope you can see the detail, it is super fun. I already have 2 other colors of felt, so I can make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment