Friday, January 13, 2012

Home is where the ......

We are in the process of looking for a house, probably not to buy yet, just a rental, I need a break from owning. We are in major need of space, we have a 600 sq foot 1 bedroom condo. Most days I have no idea how we fit in it, and on rare occasions its cozy. But I'm dying for a house, rooms, a closet for Dennis and a place I can entertain. In the past I have been known to throw pretty fun parties, but with the limited space we haven't had one in awhile, and it makes me sad and a little introverted. I'm so ready to lead groups for church, share my home and be proud of my space. 
Since we are in the in between time all I can do is dream, oh and do I do that well! I have already planned every room in my imaginary home. Now to just find all the furniture to put it to reality. Off to craigslist I go! But I have emailed a few ads, and no responses, purely rude! :(
Here are some of my ideas:
 I like the simpleness of this room, combine that with some Coca-Cola from below and I'm happy.
The first thing I want to put up in a new house is Dennis' pool table, it has been in storage for 4 years now :) He loves Billiards and loves Coca-Cola so I want to combine these two and make an awesome game room. We have a few more game items to put in there, we just need more Coca Cola stuff, which unfortunately is too darn expensive, so that may take a while to fill that room! 
So the  next room is my dining room, depending on our space we probably won't have a formal dining room, which I'm okay with, we can always put a top on the pool table for large dinners. So I want a simple nautical dining room.

I love this room, and more than anything I love the chandelier. I have talked to my dad about making us one, we just need to find a large helm (wheel) and it can be done!

I really want to find an old port hole, that will probably be the most expensive of my finds.

Alright I should really get to work now.. and continue dreaming :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas! I once knew a guy who had a porthole installed in his door...wish I asked him where he got it!

    ReplyDelete