Monday, February 20, 2012

81 - 100

I don't have any huge updates to make, but all in all this was a good weekend!
Work was great, I had Wednesday and Thursday off, went to work Friday, then had 2 more days off! If only every week was like that!
Saturday we went to lunch with some great friends, got to hear about their wedding plans, I love weddings, and so excited that the wait for theirs won't be too long, May! Jessica is going to be the most beautiful bride, and she is marrying a true match and wonderful guy Noel. I knew from the first moment she told me she was seeing him, and saw her entire face light up, I knew he was the one. We don't get to see them enough, so any chance we get is great.
I did get to fit in a visit of my little man Deklin! I missed him, it had been 3 whole days since I saw him last! Mommy and baby are doing good, Hollie gets tired, and still not sleeping too much, up most nights checking on her new bundle to make sure everything is going well. I hear from everyone this is a very typical new momma trait, so I'm sure eventually she will sleep through the night. It was really great to spend sometime with Marty and watch him just dote on both of them, the way he looked at every little piece of clothes he folded from the laundry and how he wanted to share all the new exciting things they have learned. They are naturals!
I got to hold baby Deky, he is just so precious and calm. We took a nap together on the couch (well he napped and I just stared at him!) I got to change him twice, which was really fun, they are using these G-Diapers which is great on the environment (no waste!), saves them money and seems so much more comfortable on his little body. I can tell I am going to love this Auntie thing, so many babies, I get to play with them and still sleep through the night!
Sunday after church (which I got my Grandma to go to!!!!) I met my family in Snohomish for some shopping and lunch. I wish I could have went in to every antique store, I have so many projects and items that I am drooling over, but its probably a good thing, I'm sure I would have spent way too much money!

Here are my 81-100 thankful gifts:
81. When Dennis calls me by pet names
82. Laughing in a tough situation
83. Listening to Michael Jackson's music
84. the way the sunset makes downtown Seattle look like gold treasure
85. Riding bikes with Dennis
86. Slowing seeing things you always see and seeing them differently each time
87. Dennis filling out his connection card at church
88. Meeting the ones you look up to and realizing they are so nice and real
89. Having a friend that you just met hug you when you walk in to church
90. Seeing the beauty in a bare tree next to a graffiti wall
91. Watching a draw bridge
92. Wind in your face
93. Feeling vulnerable
94. Hearing your best friends water break
95. Hearing baby's heart beat on the monitor in a completely quiet room
96. Falling so deep in worship that you don't care what is around you
97. Your finger being grabbed by a newborn baby
98. Brightening someones day with flowers
99. The way Carmel melts in my mouth.
100. The creaking sound of the weather vane on top of a garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment