Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chores

I love checklists, I make them quite often, love checking them off, they keep me focused and on schedule.
At work I have many check lists, even for my daily items, the excitement is a little unexplainable and slightly disturbing when I check something off, I have a feeling of accomplishment!
Since we are 7 months in to trying to move, we slowly gave up caring about our house, which in turn makes us hate it even more. I can't live like that, it drives me crazy, but with no motivation to actually do anything makes home not feel so "homey". So what motivates me? Since we rarely get any visitors that isn't it, but getting the wave of feeling accomplished? Oh that that motivates me! At our last Growth Group our discussion led to Pinterest and how we can use it in a good way. Someone suggested a daily cleaning list they found. I was instantly intrigued. In fact I went home that night and found what she was talking about.
Here is the blog for her Housekeeping Daily Chore List. This is a great list, but doesn't really fit our house.. plus its just for one person, I like to share my chores. Maybe if you are stay at home mom the single chore list responsibilities will be on your shoulders. Dennis and I are both working full time and love to serve each other in the house. Dennis is fantastic at helping out around the house, but he needs structure, if he doesn't have a "To Do" list, straight to the couch it is. Otherwise he makes sure to get it all done before I walk in the door.
When I first suggested this list to Dennis he was game, I updated her list to fit us, then we went over it and split up duties, he picked the ones he wanted to do, and I got the left overs :) We are almost a week in to our chores list and I'm loving it! Super duper Type A, I printed them in color, laminated them and got some erasable markers to check off our list!!!
This original list was designed to do about an hour of cleaning each day, only Monday through Friday, so that you can enjoy the weekend! Which I love the idea, as I get up every morning over an hour before I have to go to get ready for work and normally find myself playing on the internet and not doing anything that I should be doing. (Hence why I haven't updated my blog in awhile!)
In the beginning it took us much longer then an hour to clean, but I can see how from now on if we stay on our daily chores it will take us an hour or less every day. I'm so looking forward to this! Plus this will give us the structure that we need for when we get a bigger house and more responsibilities we are able to handle those too!


Here is my chore list, you can see I got all the dusting and organizing :)

I hate vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom, and luckily I have a husband that covers all the things I hate! 

Here is the original list off of Pinterest

Also, here are the blank ones and headers:
 Let me know if you need any help making a list of your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment