Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Illumination

I would have to say two of my new favorite obsessions are mason jars and lace. Can you tell I'm liking the country look? When I went to the Goodwill the other day I found exactly what I was looking for. They had mason jars (for only 20 cents!!!!), lots of dollies and lace. But after this project I did decide that I needed more doilies, I need smaller ones and prettier ones.
Just take a doily (or lace by the yard) and spray with craft adhesive, then place on the mason jar, yup that is it! I rolled my mason jar on the doily to get a nice wrinkle free fit. My doily was also a little bit bigger then the mason jar so I left the top to go over my ribbon. Next time I will use twine and burlap. I just keep using what I have at home, since I am already buried in craft items!


 I just love the way the little battery operated tea light makes the whole jar glow and the reflections the lace puts on the wall. The idea is to make about 5 of them and put them on a shelf in my room for a nice country look when off, and a soft romantic light when on :)
Off to Value Village I go for more! Love the excuse to raid their stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment