Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chunky Minty Green Cookies

Well today is the color of green! (Well technically the color should have been blue, but modern society has associated green with it instead) Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
I love to partake in any holiday, I'm not bias, I just like any reason to celebrate. Our boss' birthday is today so we always have a big celebration for him at work, yesterday we had green cake, wore our flashing shamrocks and had a Limerick Off! We had a contest to write a limerick about the shop and the best one won a gift certificate to Scott's Bar and Grill. Only 2 of us participated, and because our boss wants everyone to win we both got the GC's! Here is my limerick:

There was a young boss name Bruce
He loved to make any excuse,
To be on his boat
He just loved to float
To kick back and dance to footloose

Yup uber cheesy, but totally worth the gift certificate! :)

In honor of his birthday I wanted to make him some green cookies, back to my best friend Pinterest and found a delicious recipe. They called them Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I renamed my batch :)


The recipe called for creme de menthe baking chips, but I couldn't to find those anywhere, went to 2 grocery stores and came up empty handed, so I just decided to buy a 28 count package of Andes Mints. Just chopped them in to chunks and it worked perfectly!


The rest of my simple ingredients, soften the butter, mix all these ingredients and then fold in the chocolate.


Roll those pretty little green babies in to little balls.


Bake them for 8 minutes at 350 degrees, let them cool



And then enjoy!!!!

Chunky Minty Green Cookies

1 pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon of mint extract
8 drops of green food coloring
1 egg
1 cup of creme de menthe baking chips (I just chopped up a package of 28 ct Andes Mints)
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food coloring and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.

Drop rounded teaspoon of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Enjoy either warm or completely cooled.

Please down some green beer in my honor, until lent is over, no green beer for me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment