Thursday, May 3, 2012

Trailer Trash

It's official, we have started to move. Dennis and I have been weighing our options, we were unable to get the house that we truly desired, so we had to keep looking. After much prayer and debate, I finally entertained the idea of a new property that Greg (Dennis' boss) had recently acquired. The initial thought of living in a trailer scared me, thoughts of a nasty trailer park (there maybe nice ones else where, but here in Everett, most are run down and scary, unless of course they are 55+).
I finally got up the courage to check it out, this 'trailer' is really a manufactured home (they already cut the hitch off!) that just put on this lot, it still had that very distinct 70's feel to it, wood paneling, shag carpet and heavy curtains and all! It was still being seamed together the first time I saw it, but it was a huge lot, twice the house that we have now, and the kicker? It's less then half what we were paying at the condo!
I have already seen the look on others faces when we tell them the news.. but I'm getting pretty excited about it now. We started moving the kitchen and bathroom boxes last night, almost everything is done in the inside except for the new carpet. We are able to move everything in but the furniture. It was really nice to organize the kitchen (there are so many more cupboards then I'm used to!)
Burton has been there a few times, and loves, loves the yard, we had a hard time last night trying to get him to leave. There is a very large mean looking pit bull next door that I have a slight fear might eat one of my cats, but I pray they all get along!
The yard (lots of it) is in need of serious help, so if you have any skills or tools you would like to donate, please, please do!!! The door will always be open for family and friends!

So drum roll please.............. here it is!


What would make it better? Well a plastic pink flamingo in the front yard of course!


We are looking forward to embracing the trailer trash life style, coming soon will be our house warming party in the theme of trailer trash bash. Please start preparing your mullets, wife beater tank tops, and curlers in your hair! ( You think I'm joking?)

Welcome to the next step in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment